
As I look back on how far we've come in the last 8 1/2 months I'm humbled by how blessed we've been. Getting pregnant was an emotional roller coaster, followed by a stressful pregnancy and then a stressful 2 months waiting to get to bring our beautiful babies home. But in the end, our result was that we were able to bring home 2 healthy babies. For a couple of months now I've been following a blog of a little girl that was born at 1 lb. 1 oz after a roller coaster of a pregnancy. Things seemed to be progressing to the point that they had hoped to soon bring her home. At around 10 months of age she was having a routine GI surgery, one surgery among MANY, when she had difficulty breathing which caused permanent brain damage. The family had hoped to be able to get her home so they could spend some time with her before they withdrew life support but unfortunately she never made it there and went to her forever home on May 11th at 11 months of age. The reason I'm sharing all this is that this family and child whom I've never met have been such an inspiration to me. Through all their difficulties and the death of a child this family still considers themselves blessed and lucky. They have clung tight to their faith and though they've wondered about God's plan for them, they've never turned their backs on Him. I can't imagine the pain of spending 11 months in the NICU only to end up walking away with an empty car seat and home to an empty crib. It makes me feel so, so blessed that with as early as our babies were, to date they have no residual health issues and we're able to hold them without wires and tubes attached and wake up to their beautiful faces each day. I invite anyone to check out the blog of Kayleigh b/c I think everyone can get some inspiration from a family like this. The slideshow from the memorial service is unbelievable.
http://www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/
Comments