12 month checkup

We've passed that big one year milestone and looking back on the past year all I have are fond memories other than the fact that it flew by WAY too fast! I miss my cuddly, little 3 pound babies. Well, maybe not 3 lbs...how about when they were 5 lbs. I love that McKinley will still cuddle with me at night before she goes to sleep while she sucks on her blanket. I savor those moments because they're few and far between. Enough of the sobfest since I'm at work.


With their one year birthday came one year checkups with both the pediatrician and neonatal nurse specialist. Adjusted age they are 10 months old now so our measurements and testing are all done at that age until they are 2 years old, then they will follow actual age.

Grant: He weighs in at a whopping 17 lbs. 10 oz. Adjusted age he is in the 8th%....tiny little thing! He tested at a 12 month level for gross and fine motor and 10 months for verbal. Right now he is pulling up independently and will walk holding onto things. Not much interest in walking on his own though. He loves to shovel handfuls of food into his mouth and drink out of his sippy cup. Both are down to pretty much 2 bottles a day which we'll continue until they're one year old adjusted age. He definitely loves his attention and cuddle time. I sometimes feel like a human jungle gym as they both try to climb up into my lap. He can say words such as "da-da" and "ma-ma" and loves to click his tongue. They are still phenomenal sleepers and will sleep up to 13 hours at night and then 2 naps during the day. Their bedtime is still 6:00, sometimes even 5:30 and I love the extra time in the evening that Chad and I have together.

McKinley: She weighs in at 16 lbs. 12 oz. Adjusted age she is in the 8-10th%. She tested at a 12 month level for gross and fine motor and 10 months for verbal as well. She will balance on her own while she stands and plays with toys and will walk circles around the house with her toys, but is a wimp when it comes to taking those first steps. However, today she walked about 5 steps at a time between Chad and I and her balance was perfect so I think we'll be full on walking soon! She is still our little social butterfly and loves to "talk" to everyone that she sees while we're out. We'll be at a restaurant and the waiters interest her way more than the food we're trying to feed her! She's saying words such as "da-da" and "ma-ma" and will wave hi and bye.

We still do our daily outings which helps keep everyone sane. Their new favorite thing is to ride around in the "car" cart at the grocery store and crawl around the grass patch with the kids at church! I'm looking forward to the nice weather so we can start doing more outside. Last evening was really nice so we sat outside and let them crawl around the driveway and visited with neighbors. Labor Day weekend we had some nice weather so we took them for a bike ride then to play at the p ark and it definitely leaves me itching for the cooler weather!

Thanks to everyone that donated to West Valley Child Crisis Center for the babies birthday! I'm in the process of writing thank you notes so you should be receiving those soon....if you don't let me know. We're planning on taking the items down there this coming Friday so I'll try to take some pics. I called and talked to the director and he's very grateful for all the donations!

Granny and Papa Jack who were able to make it down for the birthday celebration
Grant getting some "guy" time with Papa Jack
I love this picture! Grant was already in bed so she was getting all the attention from Papa Jack and loving it! He's her buddy!
McKinley and Granny watching Veggie Tales together. I don't know who liked it more...
Heading out for a bike ride

**Lots of pics of McKinley this time. Next time we'll have to do some extra ones of Grant!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog