16 months
Wow...I've had a lot of posts lately with the holidays. I'm sure they'll be dropping off dramatically pretty soon!
Grant: He is still. not. walking. Not that I don't think he has the ability to do it because occasionally he will walk without thinking about it, but once he realizes he's actually walking he immediately drops to his butt. We are currently building a walker that he can take to kindergarten with him... New words that he's added are bye-bye and in sign language he has added "all done" and we're working on "eat". His favorite word is probably "yummy" which he was happily saying this afternoon while he was eating a cupcake wrapper! He also loves the dishwasher and will come crawling over at lightening speed whenever he hears it open. He's now figured out how to open it so I found him standing in it today smiling from ear to ear! He also likes to shut it off when we're not looking so we wake up to dirty dishes in the morning.
His favorite thing right now is the slide at the park. He loves to slide down like superman over and over and over! He also still loves pushing around his trucks and jeeps. He's such a boy and will drive them over the couch, onto the table, into the bookshelf. He also loves doing the "If You're Happy and You Know It" song!
His least favorite thing right now is sitting in his highchair to eat. He will scream at the top of his lungs, occasionally shovel some food in, and then do "all done" in sign language. Once I put him down he loves to either eat the food off the floor or my food.
McKinley: Everyone said I would hate when they started walking, but I find it easier. I no longer am tied down to the stroller. I can carry Grant and hold her hand for the library, grocery store, etc and don't have to worry about getting the stroller out. She's gotten really good at holding my hand in the street and loves her newfound independence! New words for her are night-night and she can sign "all done", "please" and we're working on "eat". Currently "eat" is her standing at the refrigerator door screaming! She often hears us saying "on your bottom" whenever she wants something so now she thinks that as long as she's sitting on her bottom she can get whatever she wants. This includes the cats...as long as she's sitting on her bottom she doesn't understand why they won't tolerate her pulling their tail and screaming in their face.
Her favorite thing right now is necklaces. Everything is a necklace. She currently uses our Mardi Gras beads and puts them on and then twirls around!
Her least favorite thing is diaper changes/dressing changes. She will make a break for it first chance she gets and is quite the contortionist.
They are both still great sleepers. We're currently switching some stuff up...ask me how that's going in a couple of weeks, but right now we're working on bedtime at 6:30 p.m. until around 7:00 a.m. Naptime from 11-130 p.m. and then bedtime. It's been hard getting them from 2 naps and giving up that 5:30 bedtime.
They both still continue to amaze me everyday and no matter how bad the day can seem they always make me laugh. They're such happy kids, for which Chad and I are extremely grateful.




I babysat my friends little boy one afternoon, which was supposed to make Chad and I NOT want anymore kids....that backfired!!
I know...she scares me too!





Grant: He is still. not. walking. Not that I don't think he has the ability to do it because occasionally he will walk without thinking about it, but once he realizes he's actually walking he immediately drops to his butt. We are currently building a walker that he can take to kindergarten with him... New words that he's added are bye-bye and in sign language he has added "all done" and we're working on "eat". His favorite word is probably "yummy" which he was happily saying this afternoon while he was eating a cupcake wrapper! He also loves the dishwasher and will come crawling over at lightening speed whenever he hears it open. He's now figured out how to open it so I found him standing in it today smiling from ear to ear! He also likes to shut it off when we're not looking so we wake up to dirty dishes in the morning.
His favorite thing right now is the slide at the park. He loves to slide down like superman over and over and over! He also still loves pushing around his trucks and jeeps. He's such a boy and will drive them over the couch, onto the table, into the bookshelf. He also loves doing the "If You're Happy and You Know It" song!
His least favorite thing right now is sitting in his highchair to eat. He will scream at the top of his lungs, occasionally shovel some food in, and then do "all done" in sign language. Once I put him down he loves to either eat the food off the floor or my food.
McKinley: Everyone said I would hate when they started walking, but I find it easier. I no longer am tied down to the stroller. I can carry Grant and hold her hand for the library, grocery store, etc and don't have to worry about getting the stroller out. She's gotten really good at holding my hand in the street and loves her newfound independence! New words for her are night-night and she can sign "all done", "please" and we're working on "eat". Currently "eat" is her standing at the refrigerator door screaming! She often hears us saying "on your bottom" whenever she wants something so now she thinks that as long as she's sitting on her bottom she can get whatever she wants. This includes the cats...as long as she's sitting on her bottom she doesn't understand why they won't tolerate her pulling their tail and screaming in their face.
Her favorite thing right now is necklaces. Everything is a necklace. She currently uses our Mardi Gras beads and puts them on and then twirls around!
Her least favorite thing is diaper changes/dressing changes. She will make a break for it first chance she gets and is quite the contortionist.
They are both still great sleepers. We're currently switching some stuff up...ask me how that's going in a couple of weeks, but right now we're working on bedtime at 6:30 p.m. until around 7:00 a.m. Naptime from 11-130 p.m. and then bedtime. It's been hard getting them from 2 naps and giving up that 5:30 bedtime.
They both still continue to amaze me everyday and no matter how bad the day can seem they always make me laugh. They're such happy kids, for which Chad and I are extremely grateful.




I babysat my friends little boy one afternoon, which was supposed to make Chad and I NOT want anymore kids....that backfired!!
I know...she scares me too!




Comments