Patience

They say patience is a virtue and I'm sure wishing it's a virtue I had more of lately! One of the kiddos has been doing a lot of testing lately, but I won't name her name.

We had their NICU developmental follow up last week for their adjusted age of 18 months and the nurse was very happy with their progress. Both are advanced in fine motor, gross motor and social skills but they are in the "danger" zone for verbal skills. She said she's not concerned at this point so she's not going to refer them for speech therapy, but the standard is over 20 words and speaking 2-3 word sentences. They are speaking 15-20 words and only have one or two 2 word sentences they say.

Our big excitement this month was that Grant had to be admitted to the hospital for about a day and a half due to respiratory distress. One night when Chad was working (of course) I woke up and heard Grant making a weird cry and saw he was having trouble breathing. After trying to improve the situation with the respiratory meds we have here at home with no luck I ended up calling our VERY awesome neighbor at 4:30 in the morning and had her come and watch McKinley while I took Grant in. He was pretty close to being intubated (breathing tube) but luckily he finally pulled through but they did require him to stay overnight. Much love and respect to those mommies that have chronically ill kiddos that require hospital stays...NOT fun! The official diagnosis was croup with a new diagnosis of asthma. All are healthy now though! We were supposed to fly home that Friday after we got admitted so we had to cancel that trip and reschedule for later this summer. I sure was bummed not to be able to spend Mother's Day with my mom :-(
Grant at the Children's Museum...LOVE that place!
They played with these split peas forever!McKinley cooking up some dinner with her buddy Ethan. We met my friend Jen and her son Ethan and my friend Misty and her twins Tristan and Tyler at the Children's Museum.Gotta stay hydrated in the desert during the summer!Grant loving the parachute at our music classShe's doing sign language for "more" by the way!Hanging out with their buddy Roman. He's a year younger than them, but just as big! Ignore the bedheads on my 2!
Lovin' her Nemo hatThey love to walk around holding hands and I think it's the cutest thing ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog