May 2011 Recap

We had a busy month frantically trying to fit in all the outdoor activities we could before 120 degrees hit! Luckily it's been a really cool month so we've had lots of outdoor play.

Grant: Dare I say it....he is POTTY TRAINED!!! Boy, he was a lot tougher than McKinley and we finally figured out that the reward system didn't work for him so we started taking away his favorite toys when he would have an accident and to get them back he had to potty in the toilet two times. This worked really well especially when we took away his beloved tricycle! He still wears pull ups for bedtime and naptime occasionally but during day he's been in undies for about 1 1/2 months doing well. His language increases everyday and he can hold his own in a conversation with McKinley now! He can imitate any word you try to get him to say and is speaking full sentences now. His favorite thing right now by far is his tricycle! Once they finally figured out how to work it they just took off and now ride circles around our dining room and kitchen tile. He is also really into baseball and anything involving sports right now and is quite the lefty baseball hitter!

McKinley: I love the combination of tomboy and girly-girl in this little one!! She loves to play outside and get dirty and is a tough little thing but she sure loves her dresses and princesses and anything pink! I love that when we're out she will look at another girl and say "cute dress"! In the morning when I go to get her out of her crib she is undressed and saying "pick cute dress please" and the process of picking out a dress usually takes about 10 minutes while she ponders each thing in her closet.

They have been the best of friends lately and I love watching them play together!! If one of them falls the other one will kiss their ouchies. The other day at the park they went running to each other with their arms out screaming each other's names and ran to hug each other....I think Daddy cried a little bit when he saw it :-) They are super polite and I don't know where they get it because it's not from Chad and I, ha ha!! They will say "thank you" over and over and over until you respond with "you're welcome" and even with each other they say please, thank you, and you're welcome! I love when I sneeze or cough hearing a little "bless you, mommy" from the back of the car! They LOVE going to church lately and are really getting into the routine and learning all the songs. We even have a monthly bible verse they learn and we say it each lunch time and dinner time and they usually memorize it in about a day!They love tracing themselves with chalk so we traced our little family on the driveway!I came downstairs and they said "look mommy, a path!"McKinley at the peach picking festival. They loved walking through the orchards and picking peaches and apricots.riding his tricycle at the parkIsn't this the cutest stinking picture?!?!?on the carousel at the train parkriding the trainMcKinley after a chocolate covered strawberry. How she got it on her forehead I have no idea...
Watching a movie before bed

Comments

Anonymous said…
Where have our babies gone!!!!! They look so grown up in these pictures. By the way Grants hair looks awesome. Grandma Julie

Popular posts from this blog