July Recap

July seriously flew by and I can't believe we're more than halfway done with this year! Both kids are potty trained and sleeping in big kid beds and talking up a storm...I can't believe it. And it's also so bittersweet how much less they seem to need me. They entertain themselves very well and will play for hours which is very nice so I can get stuff done, but it's also sad. I know, I know...you mom's with younger kids are rolling your eyes!

Our big addition this month was a minivan!! I'm officially a mom haha! As much as I will catch heat from my friends we are in LOVE with it. There's nothing better than hitting a button and having both doors slide open, the kids climb up and into their seats and we just have to buckle them in...ahhhhhh! Plus the room in this thing is amazing! But I'm sure you don't want to hear me go on and on about our minivan :-)

This month I thought I would do some of my favorite quotes from each kid:

McKinley: "I'm super tired" "Can I be nakey boy please" (they haven't quite figured out the boy/girl thing yet) "It's around here somewhere". She also loves her prayers at night and has quite a few of the verses from Sunday School memorized. I need to get it on video sometime.

Grant: "What are you doing there mommy?" "Aha! Here it is!" His favorite pasttime right now is picking his nose..loves it. He uses prayer time for confessional time and tells me about all the stuff McKinley has done to him during the day haha!!

For both of them we are currently working on keeping clothes on them while we are at home since we start homeschooling in 3 short weeks. They are fine keeping clothes on while we're out but once we're at home they strip in the laundry room. I blame it on the 3 day potty training method...they said keep naked at home for about 3 months but never explained how to get clothes back on :-))The digression of a photo shoot..



At the recycle plant tour...by far the favorite thing we did this summer








Bowling for the first time...Grant was sick and didn't get to come but it was a blast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog