Susie Miller Nurse of the Year Award

For the first time Chad and I got to attend our emergency department holiday party and he and my manager, Kathy, pulled off the best surprise ever as I found out I had won the Susie Miller Nurse of the Year award which was a honor that I can't even describe.  Susie was my manager when I first moved to Orlando and she literally changed the course of my life by getting me involved in education and pushing  me beyond my comfort zones.  She was a tough cookie that had high expectations but was also the most supportive and caring manager.  Susie lost her battle with cancer a few years ago but receiving this award to me was like a pat on the back from her in heaven as I'm now pursuing the things she always encouraged me to do.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog