27 week update

We had a visit to the perinatologist this week for measurements and Grant is measuring in at approximately 2 lbs 3 oz and McKinley is a petite, little thing at approx. 1 lb. 13 oz. Heart, kidneys, stomach, etc was all checked and everything is still functioning as it should. On Friday I had my weekly visit to the OB and it ended up that I was a bit more dilated than previous appointments so she sent me over to triage to get monitored for contractions. When I first got hooked up I was just having small contractions, but those progressed pretty quickly into some very large and very painful contractions so they gave me the usual terbutaline injections x2 again (sound familiar!!). They had originally thought they were going to start me on a magnesium drip, which means I stay in the hospital, but I managed to dodge that bullet! The high risk OB came to do a consult and we switched my at home meds to terbutaline and they let me go home. I'm going to start doing twice weekly nonstress tests to make sure the babies are doing okay and weekly fluid checks along with my weekly OB appointments and every two week perinatologist appointments...gets me out of the house at least even if it is just to the doctor!! I would love to be able to go to a restaurant again or even get a pedicure...small things are suddenly a big deal when you can't do them! Mom and Dad left this week and they were such a BIG help. I think I wore them out though. I bet they were glad to get home and relax! Mom and Dad at the beginning of the trip....

Mom and Dad at the end of the trip...... 27 week belly pic
Chad loves the automatic picture function on the camera

Comments

mrs. timberlake said…
Glad I could check in and see how you are doing. SO Happy you dodged the magnesium drip bullet. In our thoughts and prayers....

Popular posts from this blog