We officially reached "due date" on Nov. 4. Did anyone get the connection between their due date being on election day and both of their names being presidents names....total coincidence I swear!
The babies had another eye appointment to check for preemie issues and were both cleared on that end. Grant has some abnormalities that look like cataracts (who knew babies could get cataracts) so we'll recheck those in 2 months and then both are cleared until 1 year old. I don't have an official weight on them, but a rough weight from when they got their RSV vaccines was McKinley 7 1/2 lbs and Grant 8 1/2 lbs. Both are starting to be more alert and interact a little more. Both tend to have melt downs in the evening around bedtime, which is always fun when you're home alone dealing with them.
I head back to work this Monday and am absolutely dreading it. I'm excited to see all my coworkers again and catch up, but become an emotional mess everytime I think about leaving my babies. Chad and I have arranged our schedules so that one of us is always home to take care of them, which is nice especially since they're still on their monitors, but doesn't leave much time for Chad and I to be together. Hopefully it's a temporary fix until January.
My Mom and Dad, Granny and Papa Jack, came to visit this week and it was great to have them around. Both babies sure have changed since Granny saw them when they were first born. 

Me doing stuff around the house with a baby strapped to me, pretty common place nowadays!

Grant was more interested in sleeping than posing for my picture

Granny and Papa Jack with the babies


This was a blanket that my friends grandmother made for the babies. I think McKinley likes it!
Comments
Back to work tomorrow?
I feel for you. But how blessed to have Chad be the one you are leaving the little lambs with. Perfect!
It'll be a big hurdle, but by Tuesday, the hard part will be over.
I will be thinking of you,
Amy