Beach Babies
We are back from Kauai, Hawaii and we had such a good trip. I was prepared for some rough spots and meltdowns traveling with two 8 month olds, but to be honest, there was not one meltdown on the whole trip. The closest we got was McKinley throwing a fit when I had to change her diaper on the plane! Chad's parents, Ted and Julie, went with us to help out with the babies and give us a little alone time to enjoy the beach/dinner every once in awhile and it was great to have the extra hands.
These two are total water babies! The first time we put them in the pool they didn't even make a peep or seem at all uncomfortable with the new situation. They just started laughing and splashing away! Even in the ocean, which was a little chilly for my AZ blood they just sat there and played in the water. We found a great little cove that is only a few inches deep with no waves so it was perfect for them. McKinley did decide after a bit that dealing with all the sand and wind was for the birds so we headed back to the resort.....I guess she takes after her mom. I'm not much of a beach person. Would rather lay out by the pool and avoid the sand sticking to everything.
The resort setup was awesome and made it so easy to travel with babies. We got a two bedroom for us and the babies and a separate room for Ted and Julie. The room had a full kitchen and living room as well so we were able to spread out a blanket for them to play and when they were sleeping Chad and I didn't have to worry about being quiet. Our room was oceanfront so we left the doors and windows open the whole time which ended up being a mistake near the end of the trip. I was laying in bed one morning and thought I was dreaming about something crawling up my arm....until I touched my arm and realized there really was something crawling up. I went to throw it and it bit my finger......a CENTIPEDE. GROSS! It actually drew blood and made my finger swell up a bit.
The last day we had to be out of our resort at 11 a.m. and our flight was not until 10:50 p.m. so by the time we flew into Phoenix we had been out of the resort for almost 24 hours. I was expecting two very tired and cranky babies and a very long day trying to entertain them, but the day went pretty smoothly and was actually one of our favorite days of the trip.
On the trip McKinley started working on crawling and is now up on all fours rocking back and forth and can even get a few little "steps" of crawling in before she falls. I have some video that I'll post when I get around to it. Grant's content with rolling to get whatever he needs...typical boy! McKinley also got her first tooth right before we left.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day! We feel so blessed to have two precious, little ones to celebrate with this year!
at the restaurant waiting on dinner...they look so tiny in those high chairs
at the park wasting some time before our late flight out of Hawaii

at Barking Sands Beach which I thought was the coolest beach we saw
Waimea Canyon
With the time change the babies were up at about 5 am. each morning so we were able to catch plenty of sunrises
McKinley enjoying a little poolside cocktail!
The bow is so obnoxiously big that I think it's cute!
Chad and I at the beach sans children


At the resort pool. It had a beach entry which was great so they could sit and splash around on their own when they were tired of pool floaties
Nothing beats the view we had from our living room
Daddy and Grant enjoying the sunrise while Mommy and McKinley slept in....until 6 a.m.
These two are total water babies! The first time we put them in the pool they didn't even make a peep or seem at all uncomfortable with the new situation. They just started laughing and splashing away! Even in the ocean, which was a little chilly for my AZ blood they just sat there and played in the water. We found a great little cove that is only a few inches deep with no waves so it was perfect for them. McKinley did decide after a bit that dealing with all the sand and wind was for the birds so we headed back to the resort.....I guess she takes after her mom. I'm not much of a beach person. Would rather lay out by the pool and avoid the sand sticking to everything.
The resort setup was awesome and made it so easy to travel with babies. We got a two bedroom for us and the babies and a separate room for Ted and Julie. The room had a full kitchen and living room as well so we were able to spread out a blanket for them to play and when they were sleeping Chad and I didn't have to worry about being quiet. Our room was oceanfront so we left the doors and windows open the whole time which ended up being a mistake near the end of the trip. I was laying in bed one morning and thought I was dreaming about something crawling up my arm....until I touched my arm and realized there really was something crawling up. I went to throw it and it bit my finger......a CENTIPEDE. GROSS! It actually drew blood and made my finger swell up a bit.
The last day we had to be out of our resort at 11 a.m. and our flight was not until 10:50 p.m. so by the time we flew into Phoenix we had been out of the resort for almost 24 hours. I was expecting two very tired and cranky babies and a very long day trying to entertain them, but the day went pretty smoothly and was actually one of our favorite days of the trip.
On the trip McKinley started working on crawling and is now up on all fours rocking back and forth and can even get a few little "steps" of crawling in before she falls. I have some video that I'll post when I get around to it. Grant's content with rolling to get whatever he needs...typical boy! McKinley also got her first tooth right before we left.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day! We feel so blessed to have two precious, little ones to celebrate with this year!
at the restaurant waiting on dinner...they look so tiny in those high chairs
at the park wasting some time before our late flight out of Hawaii
at Barking Sands Beach which I thought was the coolest beach we saw
Waimea Canyon
With the time change the babies were up at about 5 am. each morning so we were able to catch plenty of sunrises
McKinley enjoying a little poolside cocktail!
The bow is so obnoxiously big that I think it's cute!
Chad and I at the beach sans children

At the resort pool. It had a beach entry which was great so they could sit and splash around on their own when they were tired of pool floaties
Nothing beats the view we had from our living room
Daddy and Grant enjoying the sunrise while Mommy and McKinley slept in....until 6 a.m.
Comments
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!
M