Broken Bone Count- Grant:2, McKinley:0

Well, our pediatrician was WAAAY off when he predicted the first broken bone to be McKinley. Not only was the first broken bone Grant (clavicle) but the SECOND broken bone was Grant (leg, specifically tibia). Chad and I had yelled at them so many times to stop jumping off the couch. One day I was at work and got a text that said "you need to call me right now" I called Chad and as soon as I heard Grant crying in the background I said "He jumped off the couch didn't he??" Because I was working Grant ended up being my patient for a short time until they could find a nurse to let me off. I was willing to take care of him until the doctor ordered an IV...then I made another nurse poke him :-) I send kids home in splints/casts all the time, but it's sure a whole different story when you have to take a kid home with you in a cast. Three year olds can't use crutches...bet you never thought of that. So that leaves me lugging a kid around or him crawling. I have to admit, Grant has handled it like a champ. He refused to try crawling the first couple of days, but after that he started crawling all over the place. We're looking at ~8 weeks in a cast and 12 weeks of activity restriction.Traveling with a kid in a cast has its benefits :-)The nurse had to put a fake cast on McKinley's arm b/c heaven forbid Grant get any attention that she doesn't! She still tells everyone who asks about Grant's let that her arm is broken too

Grant after his sponge bath Playing possum on his first day b/c he didn't want to crawl...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog