January Update
I thought things were supposed to slow down after the holidays?? Why do I still feel like I'm playing catch-up?? It was wonderful having my parents down here to visit during Christmastime and we love all the fun activities we get to do with them, but it's also really nice getting back into our routine of going to the gym, school and playdates!
The kids still really enjoy homeschooling and get excited when I tell them it's a school day. We had a couple of rough days getting back into a routine after Christmas break but luckily that was a short lived battle. We grew past the original curriculum I bought so we moved up to the 4/5 year old curriculum through the same website I bought the original curriculum. This lady makes it so easy that I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to plan my own curriculum. I guess I'll actually have to start doing some work :-) I still really enjoy homeschooling and feel very blessed that we have this opportunity for the extra time and bonding with the kids. You also can't beat the schedule and flexibility.
It gets harder and harder to think of update things each month b/c they don't change all that quickly anymore. McKinley is still our bossy, controlling girl. Man...that girl is going to drive some man nuts some day :-) She is 100% girl with the right amount of tomboy mixed in. She loves her dresses and pink, but she has no problem getting dirty and wrestling. Grant is still pretty laid back but can put up a fight when he wants to, especially when McKinley takes something from him. He is still all boy and loves trucks, balls and trains.
Chad is working 3 days/week at a specialty hospital. The patient acuity there is pretty decent so he's getting some good experience with drips, vents, etc (all you nurses will know what I mean, everyone else disregard!). I'm still 4 times/month in the emergency/trauma department at Phoenix Children's Hospital. I enjoy working with kids, but there are some definate things I miss about working with adults. Mainly the acuity and also how much independence as a nurse you lose when you're in pediatrics. With adults you can go start an IV, throw a catheter in and do a million other things all by yourself. With a kid you've got 3 people in the room to help you "throw" in an IV and wrestle legs that are kicking you in the head while you try to put in a catheter....all while a mother is yelling at you for hurting their child. OY! So you people that tell me that I get a "break" when I go to work....I want to scream.
Chad and I's horseback ride through the verde desert
Science experiment in school. He is wearing only undies b/c that was when his leg was broken :(

A little fun with mommy before I head to work
Just another day in the high fashion world of McKinley
The kids still really enjoy homeschooling and get excited when I tell them it's a school day. We had a couple of rough days getting back into a routine after Christmas break but luckily that was a short lived battle. We grew past the original curriculum I bought so we moved up to the 4/5 year old curriculum through the same website I bought the original curriculum. This lady makes it so easy that I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to plan my own curriculum. I guess I'll actually have to start doing some work :-) I still really enjoy homeschooling and feel very blessed that we have this opportunity for the extra time and bonding with the kids. You also can't beat the schedule and flexibility.
It gets harder and harder to think of update things each month b/c they don't change all that quickly anymore. McKinley is still our bossy, controlling girl. Man...that girl is going to drive some man nuts some day :-) She is 100% girl with the right amount of tomboy mixed in. She loves her dresses and pink, but she has no problem getting dirty and wrestling. Grant is still pretty laid back but can put up a fight when he wants to, especially when McKinley takes something from him. He is still all boy and loves trucks, balls and trains.
Chad is working 3 days/week at a specialty hospital. The patient acuity there is pretty decent so he's getting some good experience with drips, vents, etc (all you nurses will know what I mean, everyone else disregard!). I'm still 4 times/month in the emergency/trauma department at Phoenix Children's Hospital. I enjoy working with kids, but there are some definate things I miss about working with adults. Mainly the acuity and also how much independence as a nurse you lose when you're in pediatrics. With adults you can go start an IV, throw a catheter in and do a million other things all by yourself. With a kid you've got 3 people in the room to help you "throw" in an IV and wrestle legs that are kicking you in the head while you try to put in a catheter....all while a mother is yelling at you for hurting their child. OY! So you people that tell me that I get a "break" when I go to work....I want to scream.
Chad and I's horseback ride through the verde desert
Comments