Grandpa and Grandma's Trip to Fredericksburg

Grandpa Ted and Grandma Julie were able to come visit us and experience Washington D.C. for the first time!  We did a TON of walking and they wore me out by the end of their trip!  Our kids left quite the mark on D.C.  

First, at the Arlington National Cemetary we were all talking and I turned around and the kids had filled their pockets with coins from Bobby Kennedy's grave (which I made them put back LOL!), then we were at the Holocaust Museum where they told us to be quiet b/c it was a sacred experience.  I was walking through looking at exhibits when I heard a loud bang.  Grant had walked into one of the display cases b/c in his words "that glass is really clean!", then we were at the changing of the guards and they were on the front row watching in front of the brass rail.  McKinley slipped and hit her chin on the bar and fell into the concrete where they were doing the ceremony.  I reached under the bar and picked her up and said "Don't you dare start crying" as I rushed her up the stairs and out of the ceremony.  

Looking back on it I laugh now b/c it was so very typically "Nuttle" to have all that happen haha!
In front of the Sunken Road wall where one of the battles of Fredericksburg was fought
Roosevelt Memorial
Changing of the guards....before McKinley fell under the bar into the concrete below and hitting her chin :/
At the site where Stonewall Jackson was accidentally shot
The thing about Ted and his fluorescent shirts is that you can find him anywhere even in D.C. :)
MLK memorial
JFK grave and the eternal flame



Comments

Popular posts from this blog