Baby Shower

This past Sunday, Aug 3, we had our baby shower. It was a coed shower/BBQ hosted by my mom and Chad's mom. Even being on bedrest I had so much fun!! It was great to be able to catch up with people that I haven't seen in awhile. Thanks to everyone that attended or sent their well wishes. We really appreciated everyone taking the time out of their afternoon to hang out with us and I feel bad I wasn't able to make rounds and talk to some of you more, but again we were so glad that you were there to celebrate with us. And for what you all came for...the pics!!
McKinley's cake made by a friend from work....those shoes are handmade!
Grant's cake
Jen and Katy
Vafa, Brad, and Amanda
Harley Davidson onesies from Chads's parents...Grant and McKinley wouldn't be part of the family without Harley gear Thanks to Ben and Amy for remembering our first "babies"...the dogs! They didn't want them to feel left out!
One night at work before I was ever pregnant I went on a rampage stating that if anyone bought me a diaper genie I would throw it at them (very polite and ladylike of me, huh?!?) I feel that the people that invented diaper genie are laughing their butts off every time some poor sleep deprived parent buys a $10 roll of garbage bags and then spends a good hour trying to get them into the contraption. The story of how much I hate Diaper Genies has been passed down through all of our group of friends and so Raena and Emily thought it would be hilarious to buy one for the shower. I thought it had to be an empty box when I opened it up, but nope, they had complete follow through and were brave enough to actually give me a diaper genie!! Thanks for the gift receipt girls...love you both!!
The diaper cake was made by a couple of friends..they did such a good job on it!!

Comments

I am so calling you out on the diaper genie...THAT IS WHAT YOU GAVE US!! I didn't know you hated them?! ;)
Chad and Holly said…
Oh, my gosh! Did I really??!? I remember ordering online, but thought it was a diaper champ (which I love)! That's hilarious.

Popular posts from this blog